ERI can provide high-spec office accommodation to spin-out and start-up companies. Benefits include:
- Flexible low-cost accommodation solution to allow incubatees to progress to larger units over time;
- Focused and progressive business development services, matching incubatees' requirements as they grow;
- Access to networks of business service providers, experienced executives and investors;
- High quality data and telecoms provision at no extra charge;
- Access to common facilities such as meeting rooms and kitchen areas, as well as facilitated access to specialist facilities and services within the University.
Offices are available in two locations:
King's Buildings - location map
Located at King’s Buildings, 2 miles south of the city centre at the University of Edinburgh’s science and engineering campus, this space is in an ideal location for technology companies. The ETTC @ Kings Buildings offers a range of sole-occupancy office space between 200 and 550 square feet. Single-desk units in shared office are also available. Tenants have access to two meeting rooms with audio-visual equipment.
Current ETTC tenants include: Innosea, Mocean Energy, PureLiFi, Particle Analytics, Sustainable Opportunity Solutions
Wilkie Building - 22-23 Teviot Row, EH8 9AG Edinburgh
A further incubation centre, ETTC @ Informatics, is located within the School of Informatics at Wilkie Building, close to the Informatics Forum and the city centre. This facility offers a variety of types and sizes of office accommodation for companies operating in fields related to Informatics. Specialist service deliveries (e.g. access to specific equipment, etc.) can be arranged with the School on a commercial basis.
Current ETTC tenants include: Actual Analytics, Krotos, Musemantik, Quorate, Sansible Wearables
Virtual Office facilities are available through the ETTC @ Kings Buildings which can provide your business with:
- a local business address,
- mailing address,
- lobby directory listing,
- and access to conference and meeting rooms when required, without the cost of permanent office space.
Please note that this service does not include a Registered Office address service.
Access to University facilities
In addition to office space, some businesses require access to specialist equipment, such as wet labs or specific pieces of equipment. The ETTC can facilitate access to a wealth of specialist equipment, facilities and services available within the University’s Schools for an appropriate charge.
Enquiries regarding office space, Virtual Office or access to University facilities
Edinburgh Technopole is the University of Edinburgh’s science park, which offers flexible accommodation for established companies who wish to co-locate close to the University. The park includes impressive, high-spec buildings that provide a range of different suites, along with services space offering lease flexibility for growing companies, all set amongst 126 acres of mature parkland close to the Edinburgh City Bypass.
For more information visit: